Earth Observation Satellite RISAT-2B
RISAT-2B is an indigenously developed Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Imaging Satellite operating in the X-band. The highly agile satellite is capable of operating in different modes including Very High Resolution RADAR imaging modes of 1m x 0.5m resolution and 0.5m x 0.3m resolution.
- In order to increase the number of imaging opportunities, the satellite is placed in an inclined orbit. As, RISAT-2B is a Radar Imaging satellite; it can be operated effectively during day / night / all weather conditions.
- The Satellite will be used for high resolution spot imaging of locations of interest. Apart from this, data from RISAT-2B will also be utilized for agriculture applications and disaster management support.
- Applications of X-Band SAR imagery include Hydrology, Crops, Forestry, Geosciences and Cryosphere. During the time of exigencies, very high resolution, day/night/all-weather imaging capabilities of RISAT-2B could be utilized for Disaster Management Support.
Policy of Lateral Entry in Bureaucracy
Government has, from time to time, appointed some prominent persons for specific assignments in government, keeping in view their specialized knowledge and expertise in the domain area.
- NITI Aayog, in its three year Action Agenda, and the Sectoral Group of Secretaries (SGoS) on Governance, in its report submitted in February, 2017, have recommended for induction of personnel in the middle and senior management level in the Government. Based on this, it has been decided, in principle, to appoint outside experts to 10 positions of Joint Secretary in identified Ministries/Departments and 40 positions at Deputy Secretary/Director level.
- Advertisement inviting applications from individuals for the post of Joint Secretary in ten identified Ministries/Departments was issued by DoPT.
- The entire selection process of the candidates was entrusted to Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- The UPSC, after conducting the selection process, has recommended nine individuals for appointment as Joint Secretary in nine identified Ministries/Departments.
- The appointment of outside experts was made through open advertisement and the selection and evaluation process was entrusted to the UPSC.
43total visits,1visits today