PM to lead 30,000 yoga enthusiasts in the main event of 5th IDY at Ranchi
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will lead the main event of International Day of Yoga 2019 celebrations to be held at Prabhat Tara, Ranchi, Jharkhand on 21st June, 2019.
More in news:
- Approximately 30,000 people are expected to participate in the main event. On 13thJune, there will be a Curtain raiser to the main event at Ranchi, which will be attended by several State Dignitaries, besides the Yoga Organisations and Yoga Gurus.
- Ministry of AYUSH is the nodal Ministry for observation of International Day of Yoga across the country. The ministry has successfully organized several programmes during the last four years in connection with IDY. This year also several small and big events are being planned on the occasion of IDY.
- In addition to this, the Ministry is encouraging all individuals and institutions – including educational institutions, government bodies, business firms, industries and cultural organizations – to join IDY for the benefit of their employees, members or other stake-holders.
- The thrust of the IDY observation on 21stJune is on harmonious mass Yoga demonstrations, in which millions of people participate, at thousands of venues. To ensure that the Yoga demonstrations of such large groups take place in a harmonious fashion, some of the most accomplished yoga gurus of India came together and developed the Common Yoga Protocol (CYP).
Common Yoga Protocol (CYP)
- This is essentially a specified sequence of Yoga Asanas of 45 minutes’ duration. CYP has been designed keeping people of different age-groups and of varied walks of life in mind.
- It is also expected that those who get trained in CYP are likely to develop a taste and attitude for yoga, and hence may pursue it in the long term. Free video and e-book giving details of CYP are available for download from the Ministry of AYUSH website. The Ministry is also distributing these through various partnering organizations.
Preparatory activities for IDY 2019 undertaken:
- The Ministry initiated country-wide mobilization for taking up appropriate and specific activities for observation of IDY through a series of communications to identified stake-holding organisations from the Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) and other functionaries.
- The Ministry drew up a comprehensive media plan covering print, electronic and outdoor publicity options.
- Yogalocator – Mobile Application for uploading details of Yoga trainers, Centers and free events (with a disclaimer for information) and facility of navigation for public.
- Bhuvan App-Mobile Application to report detail information of location, participants, organizer, instructor and volunteer of Yoga event celebrated on IDY 2019.
- Initiatives with CSC -Broadcasting of video from 20,000 centers (target population- 40 lakhs) and sensitization of volunteers for use of Bhuvan app.
- Yoga goes Green– This year Ministry is promoting usage of eco-friendly Yoga products. Since PVC and synthetic based accessories are hazardous and nonperishable, the public needs to be sensitized and motivated to use eco-friendly products.
Prime Minister’s Yoga Awards
- One of the highlights of IDY observation in India is the announcement of the Prime Minister’s Yoga Awards. The awards are being given away each year for exemplary contribution towards the development and promotion of Yoga. There are four awards to be given away in two categories:
- Prime Minister’s award for outstanding contribution towards promotion and development of Yoga at National Level (2 Nos), and
- Prime Minister’s award for outstanding contribution towards promotion and development of Yoga at International Level (2 Nos)
36total visits,1visits today