Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu kicks off four-day official visit to Vietnam
The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu kicked off his four-day official visit to Vietnam by addressing the Indian community soon after his arrival at Hanoi.
Important points from his speech:
- The relationship between India and Vietnam is civilisational and historic and our partnership has stood the test of time.
- More than 2000 years ago, Indian monks and traders brought with them the message of peace and compassion of Lord Buddha to Vietnam.
- India is currently offering more than 130 scholarships under the ITEC programme and around 48 scholarships for higher studies in India provided by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- A dedicated Archaeological Survey of India team has been working in Vietnam for the past 3 years for the conservation and restoration of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of MySon in Vietnam.
- We also look forward to expanding our development partnership assistance to the Cham community in the Ninh Thuan province through the implementation of our grants-in-aid projects.
- It is a matter of satisfaction that our trade has nearly doubled from US Dollars 7.8 billion in 2016 to nearly US Dollars14 billion.
About Indian Economy:
- Indian economy is growing around 7.2 to 7.4 %, currently is one of the fastest growing major economies of the world. India is moving fast forward to transform itself into a modern 21st century inclusive economy.
- India has become the fastest growing large economyin the world. We will be a USD 5 trillion economy and the 3rdlargest consumer market in the world by 2030. The India story, as it is unfolding today, is a promising one.
- India ranked 3rd in the World Economic Forum’s list of most trusted governmentsin 2017. And we climbed 23 places in 2018 and 30 places in 2017 in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Red Carpet No Red Tape.
- Under the Jan DhanYojna, 03 Crore bank accountshave been opened in India. With Online, DBT, JAM More than Rs. 90,000 Crore have been saved due to Direct Benefit Transfer to individual bank accounts and elimination of middlemen.
- India is augmenting its infrastructureat an unprecedented rate. India has 1,31,326 Kms of National Highways and almost 27 Kms of roads are being built every day.
- Our rural road connectivity has increased to 91%.Almost 2000 Kms of coastal connectivity roads have been identified for construction.India is now the world’s third largest aviation market. TheUDAAN scheme that envisages affordable air travel, has added 40 more airports to the already existing 103 airports. Domestic air passengers crossed 120 million for the first time in 2018.Upgradation, modernization of airports is also going on.
- All villages are now electrified in India.
- The tax base has widened and tax compliance has improved considerably with a jump of 80.5% taking assesses to 6.85 Crore in 2017-18.
- Make in India for manufacturing, Digital Indiafor digital connectivity, MUDRA for microfinance, Ayushman Bharat for health insurance are some of our flagship schemes for inclusive and sustainable development.
- Skill India for skill upgrdation, Swach Bharat for clean and healthy Indiaare bearing fruits.
- Three D`swhich are Democracy, Demand and Demographic Dividend are scripting India`s story. Indian Diaspora is the fourth D in the picture.
59total visits,1visits today