Modernisation of Police Forces
The Government has completely revamped the earlier Modernisation of Police Forces Scheme and approved implementation of the umbrella scheme of “Modernisation of Police Forces” on 27.09.2017.
More in news:
- The scheme not only has a focused approach to specific theatres like Left Wing Extremism affected districts, Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern States but also has a vastly enhanced outlay of Rs. 25,061.90 crores.
- The umbrella scheme has two verticals – Security Related Expenditure (SRE) of specific theatres &Modernisation of Police Forces.
Salient features of the Modernisation of Police Forces vertical are given below:
- Central assistance is provided to the State Governments for weapons, equipment for Forensics, Information Technology, Communication, Training, etc.
- The scheme is focused on facilitating targeted interventions and ‘mobility’ and ‘construction of police infrastructure including housing’ are now permitted in case of Jammu & Kashmir, insurgency affected North Eastern (NE) States and Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected Districts.
- Three Himalayan States, namely, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh and 8 North Eastern States including Sikkim are eligible to receive financial assistance on 90:10 Centre: State sharing basis. The remaining States are eligible for financial assistance on 60:40 Centre: State sharing basis.
- Specific projects in the North-East region.
Second India-Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue to be held on 10 July
The Second India-Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue (IRSED) shall be held on 10 July in New Delhi, under the chairmanship of Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog and Mr. Timur Maksimov, Deputy Minister of the Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
More in news:
- The Second meeting of the IRSED shall be focussing on six core areas of cooperation, namely, Development of Transport Infrastructure and Technologies; Development of Agriculture and Agro-Processing sector; Small and Medium Business support; Digital Transformation and Frontier Technologies; Cooperation in Trade, Banking, Finance, and Industry; and Tourism & Connectivity.
- The IRSED was established following a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between NITI Aayog and the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation during the 19thedition of the Annual India-Russia Bilateral Summit, which was held on October 5, 2018, in New Delhi.
- The First India-Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue was held in St. Petersburgbetween November 25-26, 2018, and was chaired by Mr. Maxim Oreshkin, Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, and Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman, NITI Aayog.
Support for Increasing Milk Production
Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying is implementing World Bank assisted National Dairy Plan – I in 18 States including Uttar Pradesh to support milk cooperatives and milk producer companies along with breeding improvement initiative.
Besides this, this Department is implementing following Dairy Development Schemes for increase milk production across the country including Uttar Pradesh:
- Rashtriya Gokul Missionwith the aim to develop and conserve indigenous breeds and enhancing their production and productivity-Central assistance.
- Dairy Entrepreneurship Development Schemeis being implemented with the objective of generation of self-employment opportunities in the dairy sector, covering activities such as enhancement of milk production, procurement, preservation, transportation, processing and marketing of milk-Central assistance.
- National Programme for Dairy Developmentis being implemented with objective to create infrastructure for milk procurement, processing and marketing-Central assistance.
- The milk production during 2017-18 was 176.35 million tonnes. The milk production at national level is by and large sufficient to meet the domestic demand of milk and milk products.
38total visits,1visits today