DRDO Successfully Conducts Flight Test of ABHYAS
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted successful flight test of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from Interim Test Range, Chandipur in Odisha today.
More in news:
- The flight test was tracked by various RADARS & Electro Optic Systems and proved its performance in fully autonomous way point navigation mode.
- The configuration of ABHYAS is designed on an in-line small gas turbine engine and uses indigenously developed MEMS based navigation system for its navigation and guidance.
- The performance of the system was as per simulations carried out and demonstrated the capability of ABHYAS to meet the mission requirement for a cost effective HEAT.
WTO ministerial meeting
The World Trade Organisation, WTO ministerial meeting of developing countries began in New Delhi today.
More in news:
- The two-day meeting is being held at a time when the multilateral rule-based-trading system is facing serious and grave challenges.
- The meeting will provide an opportunity for the Ministers to discuss various issues and the way forward.
- On the first day today, a meeting of senior officers of the participating countries is being held. The Ministerial Meeting will be held tomorrow.
- Sixteen developing countries and six Least Developed Countries, LDCs are participating in the meeting.
- It includes China, South Africa, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kazakhstan and Bangladesh. The Director-General of WTO Roberto Azevedo is also participating in the meeting.
- Speaking at the inaugural session, Commerce Secretary Dr Anup Wadhawan said that the existential challenges to the multilateral rules-based trading system are manifest in a spate of unilateral measures and counter-measures, deadlock in key areas of negotiations and the impasse in the Appellate Body. He said, the logjam in the Appellate Body is a serious threat to the dispute settlement mechanism of the WTO and the implementation function of the organization.
92total visits,2visits today