Committee to review Defence Procurement Procedure
Raksha Mantri ShriRajnath Singh has approved setting up of a Committee under the Chairmanship of Director General (Acquisition) to review the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2016 and Defence Procurement Manual (DPM) 2009.
- The Committee will revise and align the procedures with the aim of ensuring seamless flow from asset acquisition to life cycle support.
- The DPP 2016 and DPM 2009 have been due for revision. Aligning the procedures will ensure seamless flow from asset acquisition to life cycle support and strengthen the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government. Apart from DG (Acq) 11 other members, not below the rank of Joint Secretary/Major General equivalent, are part of this high-level committee.
- Terms of reference of the Committee include to:
- Revise the procedures as given in DPP 2016 and DPM 2009, so as to remove procedural bottlenecks and hasten defence acquisition.
- Align and standardise the provisions in the DPP 2016 and DPM 2009, wherever applicable, to optimise life cycle support for equipment.
- Simplify policy and procedures to facilitate greater participation of Indian Industry and develop robust Defence Industrial base.
- Wherever applicable, examine and incorporate new concepts, such as life cycle costing, life cycle support, performance based logistics, ICT, lease contracting, codification & standardisation.
- Include provisions to promote Indian start-ups and research & development.
- Any other aspect which will contribute towards refining the acquisition process and support the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The Committee has been given six months to submit its recommendations.
“Aadi Mahotsav” Begins at Leh-Ladakh
Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival), a joint initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) begins at Polo Ground, Leh-Ladakh today.
- The 9 day event from 17th August till 25th August, 2019 was inaugurated by Shri Arjun Munda, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs in the august presence of SmtRenuka Singh, Minister for State for Tribal Affairs and Shri R. C. Meena, Chairman TRIFED.
- The theme of the festival is: “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”. TRIFED essentially is to play the role of a ‘Service provider’ & ‘Market Developer.
- Delivering inaugural address, Shri Arjun Munda said that the national object of inclusive development (sabkavikas) includes the development of tribes as an important component. Our constitution enjoins upon the Government the responsibility of addressing the special needs of the tribals. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs is committed for the overall development of tribal people across the country who are deprived of the benefits of the many schemes of the government. The Government plans to setup 3000 Van DhanVikasKendras (VDVK) across the country in 2019-20 which include 13 VDVKs planned to setup in Ladakh, the Minister added.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs will organize many more such AadiMahotsav in all State capitals and in other parts of the country in the near future which will benefit large population of tribal people of our country in all respects.
- the products of Tribal artisans are being marketed all over the country through 104 retail outlets run by TRIBES India and to 190 countries across the country through Amazon, with whom TRIBES India has an agreement.
- The first of its kind event in Leh-Ladakh will see around 160 Tribal artisans from more than 20 states across the country, actively participating and showcasing their masterpieces.
- The product range will comprise of Tribal Textiles from Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Odisha, West Bengal; Tribal Jewellery from Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and North East; Tribal Paintings like Gond art from Madhya Pradesh, Warli art from Maharashtra; Metal craft from Chhattisgarh; Black pottery from Manipur, and Naturals and Organic products from Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Mahotsav is also covering to identify:(a) Food and Forest Produces, which can be processed, value added and marketed under the Van Dhan Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs ; and (b) Artisans and master craftsmen and women of Ladakh for empanelling them as suppliers of TRIBES India.
- These products can then be marketed all over the Country through the 104 retail outlets run by TRIBES India across the country and 190 countries across the world through AMAZON, with whom TRIBES India has an agreement.
- The tribes constitute over 8% of the country’s population. This is a very significant number. In real terms it corresponds to over 10 crore Indians. More than 70% population of Ladakh region are tribes. The government has conceptualized of organizing AadiMahotsav in Leh-Ladakh in Arptil 2019.
- As the name of this event AadiMahotsav suggests, it is the ‘adi’factor that is important about them. The Adivasi way of life is guided by primal truths, eternal values and a natural simplicity. The greatness of the tribes lies in this that they have managed to retain the primal skills, the natural simplicity. Their creations issue from the depths of time. This quality gives their arts and crafts a timeless appeal. The crudest tribal handicraft instantly touches a primal instinct in all of us. This is particularly true of tribal music and dance.
- The Tribal Artisan Mela (TAM) has been organized during the currency of the event for livelihood generation of tribal artisans of Ladakh. During TAM, the artisans were identified and empanalled for their products selected for marketing through retail chain of network of TRIFED and also connect them for participating in the National Tribal Festivals which are being organized in all major cities/towns in the country.
119total visits,1visits today