Channels of Bangladesh and South Korea on DD Free Dish
In a big boost to India-Bangladesh cooperation, the Government of India has decided to show BTV World, a channel owned by Bangladesh TV, on the Doordarshan Free Dish which will be available for the viewers of Doordarshan in our country.
More in news:
- At the same time, DD India would be made available in Bangladesh for being viewed by the people in that country.
- The channel – BTV World would be of special interest to the viewers of Eastern India. The decision marks an important watershed in the strengthening of ties between the two countries and follows with an earlier decision taken by the two Governments to co-produce a film on Banga Bandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, which will be directed by the eminent film Director/Producer Shri Shyam Benegal.
- The Government has also approved the proposal of Prasar Bharati for making available the KBS World, an English 24×7 channel of Government of Republic of South Korea on the DD Free Dish for the Indian viewers. Simultaneously, people of Korea would be able to view DD India in their country.
EAC-PM releases a detailed analysis on robustness of India’s GDP estimation methodology
The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister today released a detailed note titled ‘GDP estimation in India- Perspectives and Facts’.
More in news:
- The note provides a clear rationale for India’s switch to an improved GDP estimation methodology in January 2015.
- The new methodology that uses 2011-12 as the base year includes two major improvements,
- Incorporation of MCA21 database, and
- Incorporation of the Recommendations of System of National Accounts (SNA), 2008.
- This change was in line with other countries that have changed their methodologies in line with SNA 2008 and revised their respective GDP figures. On an average, real GDP estimates saw an increase of 0.7% among OECD countries.
- The note concludes with the point that India’s GDP estimation methodology is by no means a perfect exercise and the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation is working on multiple aspects to improve the accuracy of economic data.
- However, the direction and pace of improvement is commendable and as of today India’s GDP estimation methodology is at par with its global standing as a responsible, transparent and well-managed economy.
Shri Narendra Modi chairs Meeting of Presidents of Political Parties
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today chaired a Meeting of Party Presidents of all political parties having representation in Parliament. 21 Party Presidents attended the meeting.
Issues that came up for discussion included:
- Ways to Improve productivity of Parliament
- One Country, One Election
- Building a New India in the 75th year of Independence
- Programme and commitments to Celebrate Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary
- Development of aspirational Districts
- On the issue of One Country, One Election, several Party Presidents supported the proposal for simultaneous conduct of elections.
- The Prime Minister announced that a committee will be formed to go examine the issue of ‘One Country, One Election’ threadbare, and come up with suggestions in a time-bound manner.
26total visits,1visits today