IN Ships Kolkata and Shakti are at Qingdao, China to participate in IFR to mark 70TH Anniversary of PLA(N)
IN Ships Kolkata and Shakti entered Qingdao, China to participate in the International Fleet Review (IFR) as part of 70TH Anniversary Celebrations of PLA (Navy) on 21 Apr 19.
More in news:
• The participation of Indian Navy in PLA (N) IFR, for third consecutive time (2009, 2014 and 2019), is a demonstration of the Nation’s commitment to enhance maritime cooperation between the two navies and bolster bonds of friendship between the two Countries.
• The IN has deployed its finest assets for the IFR with an aim to strengthen existing cooperation, enhance mutual trust, extend interoperability and build greater synergy to address common maritime concerns among participating navies.
• IN Ships will take part in the parade of naval ships scheduled on 23 Apr which will be reviewed by the Chinese President Xi Jinping.
• Personnel from IN Ships would also be participating in various sporting events, professional exchanges with participating navies and ship visit by PLA (Navy) personnel and local populace.
• The IN Ships had earlier called at Port Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam for a good will visit prior entering Qingdao. The ships are also scheduled to visit Port Busan, South Korea and Singapore on their return journey to India as part of Eastern Fleet Overseas Deployment.
• The Annual Overseas Deployment to the South China Sea is an important facet of Government of India’s ‘Act East’ policy and Indian Navy’s efforts to “Unite Nations Through the Oceans”, through which India wishes to extend the ‘Bridges of Friendship’ through enhanced cultural, economic and maritime interactions with countries of East and South-East Asia.
International Fleet Review (IFR):
• It is a parade of naval ships, aircraft and submarines, and is organised by nations to promote goodwill, strengthen cooperation and showcase their organizational capabilities. IFR also serves as an ideal platform for world’s navies to showcase their prowess and indigenous ship designing and ship building capabilities in a global/ international arena.
86total visits,1visits today