Swachh Survekshan 2020 – to be conducted in Jan 2020
Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs launched the Swachh Survekshan 2020 (SS 2020), the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness survey conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
More in news:
- Alongside, the Swachh Survekshan 2020 Toolkit, SBM Water PLUS Protocoland Toolkit, Swachh Nagar – an integrated waste management app and AI enabled mSBM App were also launched.
· Swachh Survekshan is a ranking exercise taken up by the Government of India to assess rural and urban areas for their levels of cleanliness and active implementation of Swachhata mission initiatives in a timely and innovative manner.
· The objective of the survey is to encourage large scale citizen participation and create awareness amongst all sections of society about the importance of working together towards making towns and cities a better place to live in. Additionally, the survey also intends to foster a spirit of healthy competition among towns and cities to improve their service delivery to citizens, towards creating cleaner cities and towns.
· The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India takes up the Swachh Survekshan in urban areas and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in rural areas.
· The Quality Council of India (QCI) has been commissioned the responsibility of carrying out the assessment.
“Operation Number Plate”
Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Indian Railways launched a Special Drive with a Code Name – Operation “Number Plate” to identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway premises, circulating area, parkings and even in the ‘No Parking’ areas for longer duration.
- The unidentified vehicles are considered as a serious threat to security and safety of passengers and other stake holders of railways.
- It has been conducted specifically in view of forthcoming celebrations of Independence Day on 15thAugust 2019.
- This was conducted as a special drive from 9thAugust to 11th August at 466 Railway Stations all over Indian Railways.
96total visits,1visits today